I always forgot to make kwento about my hubby winning a laptop on a raffle from their work. I was so excited when I learned about that but I always forgot to post it here. He said that he will have it shipped through his co-worker who will be coming home next week. I am so excited that I searched for it online to know more about the laptop.

This are the specs I found on the net:
• 2.2 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-64 CPU
• 2 GB (2x1 GB) RAM
• 250 GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive
• SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe
• nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Graphics
• 12.1" Widescreen Touchscreen Display
• Integrated Webcam and Microphone
• Bluetooth, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
• Windows Vista Home Premium, 4.5 LB
• Fingerprint reader

• Price ranges from $1,119.95-$1,229.99 at 12 online stores.


Now I'm not really an expert when it comes to computers and their specs so I searched again for reviews, one from the users and the other from the experts. And according to NotebookReview.com user opinions this are the percentage of the total reviews:
Total User Ratings: 123 Recommendations: 75.6%(thumbs up) 24.4%(thumbs down)

Hhmm, I think 75.6% is not that bad. The 24.4% is mostly about too much heat the laptop exhibits and the screen has too much gloss. But overall the reviews are good.

And now from the expert(found this at TabletPCReview):

HP should be commended for bringing something different to the table in terms of a multimedia notebook convertible. You certainly won't find any cool options like this from Dell. While the Tablet PC functionality of the tx1000 isn't outstanding, it can be useful and it's a nice bonus for a notebook that's strong even if you were to take away the touchscreen feature. Just being able to rotate the screen for presenting and viewing movies has its benefits. The looks of this machine are great and it's easy to carry around. The processor isn't the best out there and a magnesium built warrior this notebook is not, but overall the tx1000 is a winner that's really going to appeal to students and other mainstream users.

Pros

  • Innovative touchpad
  • Mini remote control for movies, music and photos
  • Reasonable cost
  • Touchscreen (if you select this as an option on your tx1000) doesn’t require stylus
  • Good selection of ports and multimedia buttons
  • Good amount of included accessories such as screen wipe and weight saver

Cons

  • Screen has some graininess and reflective in office environments
  • Build is mostly plastic, some flex in parts
  • No FireWire port
  • Can run warm when under demanding use
I'm so looking forward on using this laptop! I will definitely have my own review after I get a hold on this. I thank God for this blessing and for other blessings me and my family gets everyday. Thanks for reading my very long post! Oh and by the way if you have any opinion about this laptop from HP please do me a favor and leave a comment here.I will appreciate it very much. Thanks and Ciao...


This entry was posted on 2/19/2008 07:51:00 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Rosemarie said...

    eow ate congrats po ang galing naman nanalo ang hubby mo ng laptop...

    dalwa lang po ate take care always mwaaaaaaaaah

  1. ... on February 19, 2008 at 11:55 AM  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...