This coming sunday will be Palm Sunday which marks the start of the Lenten Season. It is called Araw ng Palaspas in Tagalog and Catholics flock to the church to have their palaspas or palm branches blessed by the priest. I hope I could attend mass on sunday but I'm scheduled to work that night so I'm really not yet sure. After working this sunday night I will have a major vacation from work.

My first day and succeeding days of work are declared as holiday which is Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Black Saturday. I will just stay home on that days and maybe watch old movies. I hope I could get to watch "Jesus of Nazareth" again coz it was being shown every Lenten Season a few years back but not last year and the year before. Anyway, come Easter Sunday, I am on leave coz we'll be going to Hongkong and Macau with my sister and cousin. I am scheduled to report for work on Mar.28 so I will have a total of 12 days vacation! Just remember though that Holy Week is not just a vacation but a commemoration of Jesus Christ's suffering and resurrection. Bear in mind that Jesus suffered and gave his life so that we enjoy what we have right now. I hope you get some reflections and see how you lived your life this coming Holy Week. Good luck!



This entry was posted on 3/14/2008 08:19:00 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    williamaanne said...

    Just passin' by to say hi!

    Hope you'll have a blessed and meaningful Lenten Season!

    God Bless!

  1. ... on March 19, 2008 at 5:39 PM  
  2. Vanniedosa said...

    hello! hope nka simba ka:) ahihi
    happy easter,

    tagged u pla cec..
    http://vanniedosa.abomar.net/2008/03/21/10-recent-things-that-made-me-happy/

  3. ... on March 24, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...