I decided to renew my passport since it will already expire on Jan. 2009 and DFA are now implementing the use of new Machine-Readable Passports. Since machine-readable passports are now being used, personal appearance is already required unlike before that renewing of passport was much easier coz you dont need to go to the DFA, you just submit your old passport and 3 pics to your travel agent. The reason for this is because your thumbprint is now needed.

I applied for renewal online at Passport Direct. It's very easy to apply, you just supply all neceassary info on the form then you choose when will your documents gets to be picked-up and when will be your personal appearance. My documents(old passport, 3 passport pics, photocopied passport pages 1-3, departure and arrival info and marriage contract authenticated by NSO coz I will already use my husband's surname on my passport) was picked-up just this morning and I'll go to the DFA on June2 8:30AM. By applying online customers will be given a priority lane which will reduce the number of minutes or hours you get to line up and wait. I just hope I wont have to spend long hours on DFA coz I was reading a lot of horror stories from those applying and renewing their passports that service sucks a lot! Well I will definitely post my experience regarding my personal appearance come Monday! hope it would be smooth sailing...



This entry was posted on 5/27/2008 12:18:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    ROSILIE said...

    I had a hard time applying for a passport. They take 2 weeks now. well, good luck then. tc

  1. ... on May 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...