So I already had my personal appearance at DFA yesterday and I was surprised that I only get to spend less than 10 minutes there! But the catch is my trip going there… here's my story!

I left home at around 7AM on a Monday morning, coz I thought I would surely spend 3-4 hours at my personal appearance schedule since I've heard and read that you would expect tons of people there processing their passports. I had a hard time finding a van going to Lawton, well there was a line of people waiting for the Lawton van so I immediately lined up but after about 20 minutes or so, I began to think that maybe no van is coming! So I left and wait for the next bus going to Lawton. But still, all the buses are full so I decided to hop on a bus going to Pasay. Since it was a rush hour, I expected a traffic and surely there was! I arrived at Pasay at around 8:30AM, where you would see all kinds of people crossing the street on all directions! I would have wanted to go to the overpass at MRT to cross but seeing there were tons of people up there I decided to cross the street down the LRT where there are also plenty of people trying to cross the street. There was a policeman who guided the pedestrians but some are really makulit that although there are still vehicles passing by, these people are already crossing the road which would make it easier for them to get hit! Oh well, only in the Philippines! I was really nervous coz the policeman just kept on shouting at them and also to us, that we're a bunch of disobedient citizens! Anyway, after I successfully crossed the street, I rode a jeepney going to DFA but I don't know or don't remember where DFA was so I just trusted my instinct on where would I drop off( I didn't asked the driver coz I don’t want him to think I'm an idiot not knowing where DFA is!). Well, my instinct was wrong since I dropped off too early that I have to walk for 10 minutes to get there!

Outside DFA was also chaotic! There are tons of people outside some are sitting under a tent while the others are busy photocopying their documents. There are also people there with badges or ID's which will ask you if you need some assistance, I just pretend I don’t hear them coz they would continue to pester me if I would entertain them. I presented my receipt to the guard and told him that I have a scheduled personal appearance, it was 8:50AM. Inside DFA, I quickly noticed the sign where Gate3 is located(that's where I am supposed to go). There was a man at the gate and I also presented him my receipt, he got it from me and assisted me inside. He told me to just sit for awhile and somebody will call my name. Less than 5minutes later, that same guy called my name and I immediately proceeded to a window where my documents are waiting for me to be signed. I quickly signed and thumbprinted it and was told to wait for my passport on June14. I looked at my watch and it was 2 minutes before 9AM. So all in all, my total trip going to the DGA was 1 hour and 50minutes and total minutes spent at DFA was 8 minutes! Moral of the story, don't go there on a Monday and in the morning if you're going for a personal appearance! I wished I just have gone there in the afternoon, there would have been less traffic and less people. Ok, I guess I'll just have to charge it to "experience" as what some people would have said it.



This entry was posted on 6/03/2008 04:21:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Pinay WAHM said...

    Hi Cel...

    That't one thing I don't miss sa atin. The chaos in places like DFA, POEA, NBI...grabe. When I got my passport in 1997, agents were still allowed to represent applicants so I didn't have to go through the whole personal appearance. Good thing you didn't have to wait long sa loob ng DFA.

    Napadaan lang here. I tried to leave a message sa Cbox but it keeps getting an error.

    Hope your week is going well...

    Juliana

  1. ... on June 4, 2008 at 7:03 AM  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...