So the celebration of the Chinese New Year already started with lots of festivities on the different parts of the country. Since last Sunday, I already planned on watching the Lunar New Year Festival at Resorts World Manila like the Chinese Cultural Exhibition at 3PM but since we won’t be using a car and had to travel by public transportation, I nixed the plan because I can’t stand the heat that afternoon and I don’t wanna carry Hannah all the way from Cavite to Resorts World on a public transpo.

So anyway, just when I thought we won’t get to see any Chinese New Year festivities, luckily we were able to catch the Dragon Dance Parade at SM MOA yesterday afternoon. We went at SM MOA to drop Adriel and Len coz they won’t be joining us at Manila Bay Cruise that we’ve reserved later that afternoon. We noticed that there are throngs of people lining up on the middle part of the mall, so I thought maybe they’re waiting for the dance parade. And I was right! I few minutes later, we already heard drums beating and a group of people on poles, inside the image of the colorful dragon dancing. I immediately took a couple of pictures to capture the moment. Later, they were also outside the mall joined by a few smaller dragons dancing. After 10 minutes or so, the parade was over and I was really glad we were able to witness it as the kids really enjoyed the dance parade. Here are some of our pics:






This entry was posted on 1/24/2012 10:47:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...